Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Anna - Frames of Joy Photo Shoot

I'm blessed with some amazingly talented friends.  

Really, I am.  

From makeup to hair to fashion, God has gifted all of them with abilities that are far beyond what I could ever produce.   

One of these dear friends recently lent me her talent for photography during a special photo shoot.  Anna, from Frames of Joy, did an amazing job capturing one of my first projects.  She absolutely transformed it using light, angle, aperture, and her natural eye for a great photograph.  

In her honor, say, "hello" to this darling little rocking chair named Anna.


Anna was a rescue from one of my favorite places, Consign It Furniture in Kennett Square.  It was shabby and $15.  I was pretty optimistic about giving it new life. 


Looking back, Anna was totally out of my league.  Her back was woven reeds, most of which were broken and needed to be repaired.  I thought I could weave a new back using jute.  About half way through the process, it became obvious that I was in over my head.  I can upholster and paint, but (as I found out) I can't re-cane broken backs of chairs.  

I enlisted the help of a wonderful woman who does caning and rushing on the side.  She built a new back for the chair and it's solid, sturdy, and striking.


Anna also needed a new seat, new foam, and a new paint job.  


She was a lot of work, but she was worth it!  I picture this gem on a sunny porch with a cup of coffee and a good book.  How many years of rocking have been spent on these runners?  She's still got miles left in her!


So what do you think?  Do you have space in your home for her?

Frames of Joy also captured some of my other gems during our session.


 I snagged this shutter for $40 from Creekside Antiques.  It was painted in Miss Mustard Seed's French Enamel and finished with her Antiquing Wax.  The wreath was made out of a burlap roll and a wire wreath frame.


This frame was painted in MMS's Luckett's Green and Shutter Grey.  The photo is from The Graphics Fairy.   


This clock is part of a photo collage that adorns my wall by my TV.  It was a find from the Christmas Tree Shop and is painted in MMS's Boxwood.

Like I said, I'm blessed with talented friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment